Providing employee development and training opportunities for your construction team is important. Increasing your team members’ knowledge and skills helps them contribute more to your organization. This is especially important as the industry continues to struggle to find qualified candidates to fill open roles.
Discover some benefits of providing employee development and training opportunities and ideas to implement them.
More Skilled Workforce
Employees who engage in regular development and training opportunities continuously enhance their skill sets.
- These employees can take on new roles to increase their job security.
- The employees can develop the skills required for niche roles.
- Employers save time and money on hiring for specific skills.
Improved Employee Performance
Employees who participate in ongoing development and training tend to work more efficiently and effectively.
- These employees better understand the work process and what they need to do to be successful.
- Trained employees tend to make fewer mistakes. This helps the project remain on schedule.
- Trained employees typically are aware of hazards and how to prevent them. This helps decrease the number of job site accidents.
Increased Employee Retention
Employees who have continuous access to development and training opportunities tend to remain with their employer long-term.
- These employees can add to their skill sets and take on different roles.
- Having a variety of work opportunities typically leads to strong engagement and job satisfaction.
- The ability to advance in an organization helps employees feel valued and respected.
Technology continues to be added to new and existing construction processes. As a result, you may want to train your employees in the following areas:
- 3D printing
- Collaborative tools and platforms
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Artificial intelligence
- Building information modeling
The ability to lead is required for individual, team leader, managerial, and executive-level contributions. Consider training your employees in the following areas:
- Project management
- Employee engagement
- Servant leadership
- Strategic planning
Project Strategy and Delivery Training
Your company needs to deliver projects within scope, within budget, and on time. Therefore, you may want to train your employees on the following:
- Scheduling construction timelines
- Knowledge for estimating
- Construction management
Need to Hire Construction Employees?
CCS Construction Staffing can match you with the skilled employees to need to fill your open roles. Get started today!