Personal protective equipment:
- Keep work shoes in good condition so that your footing will always be solid and secure.
- Turn trouser cuffs up inside and sew.
- Erect scaffolds and supports from sound materials of ample strength to carry the load.
- Construct platforms of sound lumber.
- Secure toe boards and handrails in place.
- Use both hands to hold on to side rails when going up or down a ladder.
- Use rope to raise or lower material or tools.
- Sharp cutting tools are safer than dull ones.
- Do not use tools with defective handles or mushroomed heads.
- Keep saws properly set.
- Do not carry sharp-edged tools in your pockets unless the edges are protected in a sheath.
Safe working areas:
- Never leave loose boards or tools on scaffolds, runways or platforms where they may be knocked off onto people below or cause workers to trip.
- Keep boards with nails in them out of passageways and working spaces. Nails should be pulled out, or boards piled out of the way.
- Clean up all loose material at the end of each work day.
- Place an adequate number of red lights or warning devices in place to indicate material piled close to a walk or passageway used at night.
- Barricade passageways if there is danger of objects falling from overhead.
All Content from Loss Free